Blog Post #6: The Beatitudes

Before this Beatitudes project, I was not that familiar with these sayings. I remember going over them in middle school, but I forgot about them. It was nice to get a reminder of them and to go over them again. I enjoyed learning about them again. I think it was a good way of new interpretations doing this project. I got to change the Beatitudes into my own words, which helped me to understand them better.

All the Beatitudes show some importance to me. My favorite is "Blessed are they who mourn, for they shall be comforted." I like this one because I got the understanding of it almost right away. It is also beautiful how it is written. From this Beatitude, I interpreted my own meaning. In my own words, I see that this Beatitude shows that those who are sad or are mourning, they will not be left alone and will be shown comfort. This makes me feel content for any time that I am ever sad or am feeling down.

The gallery walk in class helped me to realize some things. I saw how creative people got with this project. I also noticed the drawing skills of some students. I am not the best drawer, so I love to see other people's drawings that are really good. It was really fun to do the gallery walk. I love seeing other people's interpretations of the Beatitudes, and I like to see if I am able to understand it more because of that person's interpretation.

I think I can display the Beatitudes in my life in multiple ways. I think that I can pay more attention to them in general. In middle school, I kind of forgot about the Beatitudes. I hope by going over them a second time that I am able to remember them. I also hope they will show some importance to me throughout my other days. For example, when I am sad, I hope that I can go back and think about the Beatitude about mourning and be able to feel comforted by God and no longer alone.

“Blessed Are Those Who Mourn.” Joy of It, 22 Sept. 2017, www.joyofit.org/2017/01/blessed-are-those-who-mourn/.
The Beatitudes, www.godssabbathrest.us/id183.html.

Comments